Company: Episcopal Community Services
Location: National City
Posted on: June 16, 2022
ECS is seeking a Accountant who is motivated to be a part of an
organization that -inspires children, empowers adults, and
transforms communities. A person to join us in our commitment to a
community where all are supported to reach their potential.
Position is primarily responsible for assisting in program
financial management of assigned contracts including accounting for
the revenues, allowable expenses, and receivables. Timely
submission of grant claims and financial reports to grantors as
required by agreements. Assist in program budgets and coordination
of program audits. Prepares timely analysis and reconciliation of
program financial reports to present to management at monthly
budget reviews. -
- Establish and maintain relationships with local, state, and
federal agencies and associations to remain current on issues that
affect the programs and services.
- Prepare and review for accuracy and completeness of all
assigned contract claims prior to posting and submission to funding
- Maintain accurate records and supporting materials for all
transaction and correct/complete data where necessary.
- Produce monthly reports indicating status of each assigned
program and related grants, including analysis and variance
- Examine grant activities for compliance with ECS Cost
Allocation Plan, granting agency contract(s) and policies, Office
of Management and Budget (OMB) guidelines, etc.
- Assist in preparing budgets for assigned Grants / Programs in
collaboration with program Director and Accounting Manager
- Coordinate import of approved program budgets into accounting
- Follow up with granting agencies to ensure timely receipt of
funds for claims. -
- Develop and prepare a variety of financial and administrative
reports for state, federal, foundation, funder and internal
- Contact government agency and public agencies during the course
of audits to obtain or provide information.
- Create month end journal entries as appropriate for review and
posting by Accounting Manager and or other Accounting Department
- Create new vendor IDs in accounting system as needed.
- Assist Accounting Manager in coordinating / preparing annual
financial audit selections for timely submission to outside
- Assist with Head Start and related program audits including
quarterly monitoring and program audits. -
- Review and process expense reports & mileage reimbursement
entries to ensure the expenses claimed are accurate and in line
with company policy. -
- Trains and/or assists in training and cross training
- Cross trained in Cash Receipts and Disbursement processing
- Provide monthly financial reports and assist in budget reviews
for assigned programs/contracts within established timelines.
- Review and approve purchase orders and invoices of assigned
contracts for accuracy in a timely manner and in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of income and expense projections for
assigned contracts/programs for use in budget development, cash
flow, and other financial planning activities.
- Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned
by the Accounting Manager and/or Controller.
- Minimum: A/A or A/S Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration or equivalent. Bachelor's degree is plus. Three
years' experience in a position with fiscal financial
responsibility or reporting or equivalent combination of experience
- Intermediate Excel skills and experience with Sage Fund
Accounting software is preferred.
- Federal and State grant experience, fund accounting knowledge,
familiarity with OMB Guidelines, and experience working in a
non-profit organization a plus.
Ability to pass a physical examination tuberculin skin test,
alcohol/drug test, including marijuana. -Proof of COVID-19
vaccination required, including booster. -Fingerprint clearance and
criminal check required. Free from exclusion and debarment.
-Verification of current driver's license and insurance required
for personal car usage.
Keywords: Episcopal Community Services, National City , Accountant I, Accounting, Auditing , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!