Community Training Instructor
Location: National City
Posted on: June 13, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY Community Training Instructors provide community-based support, supervision and instruction to participants with intellectual & physical disabilities. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide support, supervision, motivation and instruction to participants in the community and at job sites.
- Implement age-appropriate curriculum for participant activities.
- Assist with coordination of transportation during program for each participant.
- Develop, implement, follow and document work and community training schedules for participants.
- Implement, maintain and document participants? positive behavioral intervention (PBI) plan.
- Assist participants with their self-help needs, including support in the areas of eating, restrooming and grooming.
- Meet independent employment site dress code and work quality requirement standards.
- Capture all authorized and assigned program hours.
- Complete and submit billing support information.
- Diffuse crisis situations and provide crisis intervention, as necessary.
- Conduct monthly safety drills with participants.
- Maintain the health and safety of program participants.
- Complete all required documentation and reports.
- Effectively relay issues and concerns to the Program Manager.
- Maintain participant files and records.
- Record participant progress toward achievement of goals and objectives.
- Engage actively with participants at worksites.
- Support fundraising activities of the organization.
- Comply with all Employment & Community Options policies and procedures.
- Conserve company resources.
- Other duties, as assigned. Meetings & Trainings
- Attend all required meetings and in-services including, but not limited to: All-Staff Meeting, Program Meeting.
- Complete all required training including, but not limited to: Training Checklist, Training Manual, CPR/First Aid, Positive Behavior Intervention (PBI), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI), New Hire Orientation. Education
- High School Diploma, equivalent or GED.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related area (preferred). Experience
- Direct (hands-on) experience with individuals with a wide range of intellectual & physical disabilities, including persons with the most severe challenges (preferred).
- Experience in community-based instruction in critical life needs areas, with emphasis on functional and age-appropriate skills (preferred).
- Experience in assisting individuals in the use of adaptive devices and communication aids (preferred). Required Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Willingness to accept work direction from others.
- Professional English writing ability, including usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Other Requirements
- Immediate access to a vehicle with working seat belts, valid driver's license, current auto insurance and acceptable DMV record.
- Ability to travel within and throughout the assigned program area in which services are provided.
- Ability to travel in and throughout the county on a quarterly basis to attend meetings, trainings, etc.
- Successful completion of drug screen, background check and physical evaluation.
- CPR/First Aid Certification (preferred). PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT This position requires the employee to regularly stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. They must be capable of writing, using a computer keyboard, telephone and related office equipment. Ability to lift 25lbs. and transfer 75lbs. required. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is community-based, which means the majority of the employee's time will be spent in the community. In the community, the employee may experience varied environments depending on work assignments. Exposure to blood borne pathogens could occur during restrooming, feeding, or when administering First Aid to participants. Hepatitis B vaccines are offered at no cost to each employee.
Keywords: E&CO, National City, Community Training Instructor, Education / Teaching, National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!