AWS Glue Data Engineer
Location: National City
Posted on: February 16, 2021
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and
business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most
recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge
technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's
biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as
well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity
to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year
after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial
attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our
colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a AWS Glue Data
Engineer in their market leading Data Solutions team.
As a AWS Data Engineer you will participate in all aspects of the
software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical
design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and
support of application developed for our clients. As a member
working in a team environment you will work with solution
architects and developers on interpretation/translation of
wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and
subsequently into technical design.
- Create data pipelines for a state of the art analytics
application in the finacial industry
- Code data processing jobs in AWS Glue, Python, and Spark.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and document
- Configure and schedule data pipelines
- Translate business requirements to technical specifications and
coded data pipelines.
- Troubleshoot data pipelines
- Passionate coders with 3-5 years of application development
- Proficiency with Glue, Spark with Python is a must. Must have
worked on projects that have resulted in code being deployed to
- Experience with AWS Glue strongly desired. However, will
consider strong Python and AWS Lambda candidates.
- Expert knowledge of developing in AWS environments
- Knowledge of data formats and ETL and ELT processes in a Hadoop
environment including Hive, Parquet, MapReduce, YARN, HBase and
other NoSQL databases.
- Experience in dealing with structured, semi-structured and
unstructured data in batch and real-time environments.
- Experience with working in AWS environments including EC2, S3,
Lambda, RDS, etc. Familiarity with DevOps and CI/CD as well as
Agile tools and processes including Git, Jenkins, Jira and
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to
create innovative solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple
responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Future technology leaders- dynamic individuals energized by
fast paced personal and professional growth.
- Phenomenal communicators who can explain and present concepts
to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high
level decision makers.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering
or comparable major.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies
in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels
(verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive
benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive
compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding
benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In
addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and
recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities.
Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our
colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a
great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm
serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North
America. With unparalleled information technology, management
consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient
Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding
digital experience, business optimization and industry
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and
competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers,
suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's
professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North
America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the
Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell
2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete
statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential
functions performed by the employee assigned to this
classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change
the duties of the position at any time.
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get
Select work authorization questions to ask when applicants
- Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
Keywords: Perficient, National City , AWS Glue Data Engineer, Engineering , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!