Location: National City
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Leidos Maritime Systems Division has an exciting
opportunity for an Engineering Technologist. This position will
support NIWC-Pacific in producing and troubleshooting sensor
systems for use in under-sea applications. The ideal candidate will
be able to read and analyze technical drawings and prepare circuit
boards to specifications called out by our in-house engineering
team. Additional duties include use and maintenance of 3D printers,
shop equipment, and process documentation. This position does not
offer teleworking. Position requires a Secret security
clearance.Our ideal candidate will have the following Duties and
- Conduct electrical and mechanical maintenance and
troubleshooting on completed systems including, but not limited to,
acoustic testing, strength testing, electrical testing.
- Have a working knowledge of encapsulation techniques and
materials, i.e. polyurethane, conathane, rubber, etc.
- Be able to document maintenance and operational activities
related to rapid prototype production and testing.
- Comfortable with soldering down to the 0402-size utilizing
surface mount methods.
- Cable fabrication, inspection, and integration into other
- Interpret digital and acoustic data in real time to evaluate
board effectiveness and compliance with known-good samples.
- Provide engineers with constructive feedback regarding
electrical and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Familiar with the use of oscilloscopes and frequency
- Support numerous projects and priorities at a time.Additional
- Experience using and maintaining large 3D printers.
- Knowledge of SOP documentation and best practices.
- Able to work in a high-paced R&D focused environment.
- Experience with standard mechanical shop equipment i.e., drill
press, band saw, CNC machine.
- Experience with ERP and Project Management systems
- Experience with 3D modeling.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical associate degree or tech trade school preferred.
- Minimum two years formal electronics training or four years of
progressively responsible, on-scene experience in
- Able to interpret complex electrical schematics.
- Above average skills in soldering and electrical assembly.
- Electrical/electronic assembly/inspection and/or soldering
certificate (IPC-WHMA-620, IPC J-STD, etc.) desired, or equivalent
skill in lieu of certificate.
- Experience with cable assembly/wire harness assembly.
- Experience troubleshooting to the component level is
preferred.Experience with PWB/PCB assembly including thru-hole and
surface mount. Pay Range: Pay Range $44,200.00 - $79,900.00 The
Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and
not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors
considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, National City , Engineering Technologist, Engineering , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!