Regional Sales Manager - Industrial
Company: Fluid Components International
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join the world leader in thermal mass flow meter technology. FCI
began in 1964 by pioneering the development and application of
thermal dispersion flow and level sensing technology. The Company
is the world-recognized leading manufacturer for solving flow and
level measurement applications for industrial process and plant
applications using patented thermal dispersion flow measurement
From off-the-shelf product solutions to custom engineered products
and systems, FCI provides world leading experience and a record of
unequalled innovation to meet or exceed our customer application
demands. Complimenting FCI product leadership is a world class Flow
and Level Calibration Facility in which all calibrations are
performed in liquids or gases utilizing only N.I.S.T. traceable
equipment and instrumentation.
Currently, we are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to join our
Sales Administration team.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) leads overall sales, market share,
and gross margin growth in an assigned region. The RSM partners
with manufacturers representatives and distributors (our sales
channel partners) to promote FCI within the process industries,
delight end customers with cutting edge technical solutions, and
ultimately pull sales through the channel. This position is based
in San Marcos, CA and reports to the Director of Sales.
Essential Job Functions (primary Duties And Outputs Of
- Maximizes financial performance within region by generating and
winning sales opportunities in close partnership with sales channel
- Coaches, motivates and empowers channel partners to focus on
FCI growth targets. Brings forth commercial and technical value
that increases and maintains FCI mindshare and relevance among
- Builds and executes a robust sales opportunity pipeline.
- Works in collaboration with sales channel to ensure FCI is
written into customer specifications and the preferred choice for
those who buy, install and maintain it.
- Provides continuous training and education to sales channel
partners on FCI products, served industries and application
specific value propositions
- Establishes and manages sales channel partners sales quotas,
goals and objectives within the assigned region.
- Manages and evaluates channel partner performance. Identifies
areas of strength and improvement opportunities so appropriate
support can be provided.
- Contributes to selection and onboarding of new sales channel
- Independently evaluates and responds to incoming inquiries and
correspondence on unique or atypical product applications or
provides uncommon commercial interpretations that exceed the
specialized training of field sales personnel. Delegates to insides
sales or application engineering team where appropriate.
- Captures and communicates the Voice of the Customer to
engineering, marketing and new product development. Advocates for
product and promotional strategies that will most resonate among
customers and target industries.
- Contributes to sales process improvements
- Synthesizes industry, customer and regionally specific trends
to create and execute a territory sales strategy.
- Monitors competitor activities in assigned region.
- Follow safe work practices, participate in safety training as
required, and report any unsafe condition or accident.
- Must be able to meet and follow safety practices imposed by
customers when visiting their facilities.
- Employees are responsible to understand and support the quality
policy and the appropriate elements of the quality management
system for their areas of work, reduce, eliminate, and prevent
quality deficiencies including escapes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities
related to product, process, and quality system.
- All employees have the responsibility and authority to identify
quality deficiencies, elevate any concerns for action within or
related to our quality system and processes.
- Communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in
- Maintain effective and constructive working relationships with
others both internally and externally.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Education: BS Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business or a
- 3-5 years sales management experience required.
- Proven selling skills with a track record of growth.
- Has successfully developed and executed key customer account
- Comprehensive knowledge of a value based selling process.
- Experience using a CRM platform to manage a sales
- Experience and familiarity with strategic planning.
- Experience in the process measurement, control,or
instrumentation field a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working
with manufacturers representatives and distributors.
- Ability to understand, sell and train others in a technical
- Displays a high level of empathy to both channel partners and
the customer. Can build strong relationships with channel partners
based on trust and two sided accountability.
- Leadership: Can coach, mentor and set the stage for our channel
partner sales force to be successful.
- Comfortable and competent in making business, sales, and
technical presentations to customers, channel partners and FCI
25-40% Travel within region. This position requires sitting,
bending, walking, and standing for long periods of time.
These duties may be modified or changed at any time at the sole
discretion of management either orally or in writing. The above
statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
FCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you are qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.
FCI is an ITAR required employer and active participant of the DHS
and SSA E-Verify program. Contract requirements for ITAR identify
US citizen or permanent resident card 'Green Card' holder in the
absence of ECCN.
COMPANY: FCI is the leading manufacturer of thermal type process
control instrumentation sold throughout the world. In addition to
our home office, we operate three (3) separate facilities across
different continents to bring our brand of expertise and service to
thousands of global customers. FCI is a privately held
As an essential manufacturer, Fluid Components is proud to offer
the following benefits in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Free personal protective equipment (PPE) for all on-site
- Additional health screenings and ongoing safety protocols
aligned with CDC guidelines
- Three-day weekends for most roles
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Fluid Components International, National City , Regional Sales Manager - Industrial, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!