Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: National City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Therapist works in a dynamic
multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to
the Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring
patient safety, providing milieu interventions, leading
psychoeducational and process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate
clinical assessments, conduct individual and family therapy
sessions, and other case management tasks, as
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Carries a case load of 5-7 patients.
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients-----TM level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 4 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department regarding
authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge.
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones. ----- - Works collaboratively with
the entire treatment team and milieu staff to always ensure the
highest level of clinical quality.
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.This a
- Master-----TMs or Doctorate degree in relevant field,
- Completion of state requirements and state license to conduct
therapeutic interventions required
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver-----TMs license and be in good
standingAdditional InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.-- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more information
about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic. , Location:
National City, CA - 91951
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, National City , Therapist, Healthcare , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!