Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: Paradise Valley Healthcare Center Inc
Location: National City
Posted on: August 2, 2022
General PurposeThe primary purpose of your job position is to
provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing
care and services in accordance with the resident?s assessment and
care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.Essential
- Use the wristband or photo card file to identify residents
before administering treatments, serving meals, etc., as
- Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility
when recording information.
- Report all changes in the resident?s condition to the Nurse
Supervisor/Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Record all entries on flow sheets, notes, charts, etc., in an
informative, descriptive manner.
- Report all accidents and incidents you observe on the shift
that they occur.
- Agree not to disclose resident?s protected health information
and promptly report suspected or known violations of such
disclosure to the Administrator.
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access
facility?s information system.
- Perform only those nursing care procedures that you have been
trained to do.
- Ensure that the resident?s room is ready for receiving the
resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available,
- Greet residents and escort them to their room
- Introduce resident to his/her roommate, if any, and other
residents and personnel as appropriate.
- Make resident comfortable.
- Inventory and mark the resident?s personal possessions as
- Store resident?s clothing.
- Assist residents with packing their personal possessions when
they are being transferred to a new room, or when being
- Transport residents to new rooms or to the receiving area.
- Assist with loading/unloading residents? to/from vehicles as
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift.
- Meet with your shift?s nursing personnel, on a regularly
scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem
areas, and/or the improvement of services.
- Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report as instructed. ?
Follow established policies concerning exposure to blood/body
- Make beds as instructed.
- Put extra covers on beds as requested.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulses, and respirations
(TPRs) of residents, as instructed. Weigh and measure residents as
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Check residents routinely to ensure that their personal care
needs are being met.
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements (i.e.,
informing resident with sight problem of foods that are on his/her
tray, where it is located, if it is hot/cold, etc.).
- Record the resident?s food/fluid intake. Report changes in the
resident?s eating habits to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
- Keep residents? water pitchers clean and filled with fresh
water (on each shift), and within easy reach of the resident.
- Perform after meal care (i.e., remove trays, clean resident?s
hands, face, clothing, etc.). ? Participate in and receive the
nursing report upon reporting for duty.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established
policies and procedures, and as instructed by your
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing
and performing your assigned tasks
- Cooperate with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other
facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents
- Notify the facility when you will be late or absent from
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the
facility?s policies and procedures governing accidents and
- Assist residents with daily functions (dental and mouth care,
bath functions, combing of hair, dressing and undressing as
- Keep residents dry (change gown, clothing and linens, when it
becomes wet or soiled).
- Assist residents in preparing for medical tests (i.e., lab
work, x-ray, therapy, dental, etc.).
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and
transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs,
wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Perform restorative and rehabilitative procedures as
- Assist in preparing the resident for a physical
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal
care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin
breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores).
- Report injuries of an unknown source, including skin tears
- Observe disoriented and comatose residents. Record and report
data as instructed
- Perform special treatments as instructed
- Immediately notify the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any
resident leaving/missing from the facility.
- Use only the equipment you have been trained to use
- Report defective equipment to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information. Report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Report all allegations of resident abuse and/or
misappropriation of resident property.
- Honor the resident?s refusal of treatment request. Report such
requests to your supervisor.
Keywords: Paradise Valley Healthcare Center Inc, National City , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Healthcare , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!