Food Service Worker - Per Diem - Paradise Valley Hospital
Company: Paradise Valley Hospital
Location: National City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
OverviewJoin an award-winning team of dedicated professional
committed to our core values of quality, compassion and community!
Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, offers
incredible opportunities to expand your horizons and be part of a
community dedicated to making a difference. -For more than 115
years, Paradise Valley Hospital, a member of Prime Healthcare, has
served San Diego, and we are proud of our heritage of providing
programs and services to meet the changing needs of our community.
Today, our 291-bed, acute care hospital is the only San Diego
hospital to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures five
years in a row by The Joint Commission. Paradise Valley has
received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award nine
years in a row (2014-2022). The hospital offers emergency services,
wound healing and hyperbaric medicine, acute rehabilitation,
behavioral health services, community wellness programs, senior
services and more. For information, visit
- Operates dish machine according to policy and procedures.
- Washes pots and pans according to policy and procedures.
- Notifies supervisor when recording data such as sanitizing
levels, dish machine temperatures, food temperatures, refrigerator
& freezer are out of range.
- Gives regard to proper garbage disposal.
- Disposes of trash and boxes properly.
- Assists with receiving, putting stock away, using the first in
first out method.
- Delivers patient tray, late trays in an expedient manner. Picks
up patient cart at designated time & schedule.
- Prepares tray line for service by lining trays, preparing
silverware etc. as appropriate to the position.
- Prepares / Delivers patient nourishment w/ appropriate
- Sweeps and mops floors according to work procedure and uses wet
- Cleans assigned equipment and areas according to cleaning
- Prepares items required on the production sheets or tally
without excess waste.
- Performs assigned tray line position with accuracy and
- When assigned, prepares salads, desserts and sandwiches w/ good
presentation using correct portion sizes.
- Plates or dishes food according to correct portion sizes as
appropriate to the position.
- Stores and/or displays food properly; including labeling and
dating, discarding outdated items according to policy.
- Washes hands appropriately throughout shift
- Utilizes cutting board properly; avoiding cross contamination
and ensuring they are sanitized as appropriate.
- Wears gloves and changes gloves according to policy.
- Complete stocking in work station or cafeteria line as part of
- Uses & calibrates thermometer correctly. Takes correct food
temperature & records accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned or
required.QualificationsEducation and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent preferredCounty Specific
- County Specific Food Handlers certification required upon hire
and maintained currentWe are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative
Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to
veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special
accommodation for the application process, please contact Human
Resources. EEO is the Law:
Keywords: Paradise Valley Hospital, National City , Food Service Worker - Per Diem - Paradise Valley Hospital, Hospitality & Tourism , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!