Human Resources and Talent Management Senior Business Partner
Company: SHARP HEALTHCARE
Location: National City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The HRTM Senior Business Partner (SBP) is responsible for
facilitating human resources activities (employee and labor
relations, compliance, and position changes) as well as aligning
system-wide talent management activities (recruiting, performance
management, education & training, and succession planning) with
those of their entity.--The position partners with other HRTM
colleagues and entity stakeholders to provide exceptional service
to leaders and employees that reflects The Sharp Experience - the
best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the
best place to receive care.--The HRTM SBP serves the needs of the
entity by accessing or helping develop resources and tools to
reinforce culture, identifying any needs for organizational change.
This role reports to the Director, HR&TM.---
- Partner and consult with all levels of management to advise on
and assist in implementing people strategies to improve engagement
(i.e. performance management, culture and change management, talent
assessment, organizational design, organizational effectiveness,
leadership development, etc.).
- Review performance related documents and help develop
performance improvement plans, including assisting with corrective
action where appropriate.-
- Help manage and resolve employee relations issues to prevent
litigation and preserve culture. When needed, conducts effective,
thorough and well-documented investigations.
- Provide day-to-day performance management support to employees
(e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary
- Identify team effectiveness improvement opportunities that may
be served through training or other interventions.--May help design
and facilitate training or team building specific to the needs of
the client group.-Promote Talent Management through Service
- Maintain proactive relationship with client group leaders and
- Maintain collaborative relationship with HR colleagues across
all entities to ensure practice consistency and to elevate practice
of Human Resources and Talent Management.
- Participate on taskforces, committees and in client team
meetings as needed
- Promote employee engagement orientation with managers to
support The Sharp Experience through high reliability organizing
toward top decile performance.
- Track progress related to client satisfaction including
response time to employee relations, employee/team development
needs, any action plans, or effectively bringing issues to
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of training programs;
follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Analyze trends and metrics, in partnership with HRTM and entity
management, to develop solutions, programs and/or policies that
translate into employee engagement initiatives and/or actions.
- Provide organizational and employee development expertise to
leaders by facilitating organizational needs assessment, diagnosis
and implementation of interventions, development of strategic plans
and change management.
- Collaborate with leadership to manage organizational change in
partnership with HRTM. Develop and implement workforce plans.
Devise strategies to shape and reinforce culture and engagement in
alignment with The Sharp Experience.--Human Resources & Talent
Management Team Effectiveness-
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of SHC policies and legal
requirements related to day-to-day management of employees,
reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Conduct risk assessments on new and/or developing
legal/regulatory requirements, and on current and developing
business initiatives, practices, or strategies.
- Find opportunities to work closely with leaders and employees
to improve work relationships, build morale, promote dialogue, and
increase productivity and retention.
- Provide employment-related policy guidance and
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning and succession planning.
- Coordinate with team leadership to provide guidance and
mentorship to support staff and take initiative to make appropriate
decisions in the absence of the HR Manager/Director.
- Use basic data and analytical skills when needed to help track
progress, demonstrate root cause analysis, or develop proposals for
addressing HRTM concerns.
- Facilitate grievance process and prepare appropriate
- Facilitate constructive relationship with union
- Effectively deescalate workers' compensation or FEHA/ADA issues
by adhering to Sharp HealthCare's Accommodation Review process and
- Analyze the impact of the collective bargaining agreements on
organizational initiatives and objectives and recommend strategies
to achieve organizational objectives within contractual and
legal--The Human Resources department supports the corporate client
areas in all of their human resources needs.--Sharp System Services
have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra
Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location
and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the
centralized integrated system support services to the operating
entities within the system. These services include: Strategic
Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance,
Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts,
Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical
Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services,
Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp
University.---LocationThis position is located in Kearny Mesa., San
Diego County. This position is not remote - it is located onsite in
Kearny Mesa.--HoursFull Time - Day Shift--Required Skills and
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in a human
resources role with some prior experience as a business partner,
generalist or human resources manager required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines,
including performance management, compensation practices, employee
and labor relations, organizational development, diversity,
wellness, and workers' compensation.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate
sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the
organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation
practices, and the administrative practices related to those
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with all levels
of the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage
multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for
resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in
responding to day-to-day functional needs.
- Team leadership and team facilitation skills preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to
explain complex and/or confidential information to all levels of
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems, HRIS and
Intranet or cloud based service delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (Identify needs,
design, facilitate, evaluate).
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound
judgment and fact or data-based analysis to develop effective and
efficient recommendations or solutions.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office, Workday,
- Bachelor's degree (required)-Preferred Skills and
- SHRM or HRCI certification
- HealthCare experience.--Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: SHARP HEALTHCARE, National City , Human Resources and Talent Management Senior Business Partner, Human Resources , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!