Company: Operation Samahan Health Clinic
Location: National City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job title Human Resources Assistant
Reports to Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Operation Samahan Mission
Building Healthier and Happier Communities Together
Operation Samahan Inc. (OSI) is a federally qualified community
health center that emerged over forty years ago. The agency serves
low-income families and individuals in the County of San Diego in
two (2) strategic areas with a high-density population of
Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured individuals
National City (Southern San Diego County) and Mira Mesa (North
Central San Diego).
The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of
Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an
employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes
empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment,
and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior
The Human Resources Assistant helps with the implementation of
services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to the
HR Director, and assists company managers with HR issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
? Assist department in carrying out various human resource programs
and procedures for all company employees.?
Participate in benefits administration to include claims
resolution, change reporting and approving invoices for
Assist in the implementation of safety training for all
Participate in recruitment efforts for exempt and non-exempt
personnel (excluding managerial levels and above); help coordinate
the use of temporary employees.
? Assist with new-employee orientations and on boarding; administer
pre-employment tests; conduct reference checks.?
Assist in Filing of EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records,
reports and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.?
Assist in the exit interview process
? Participate in the safety committee.
? Assist in organizational training and development
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles
reports from the database as needed.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings and seminars.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Process employment verification.
- Assist Physicians and mid-levels with Initial and
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating
in quality improvement activities.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be a team player and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives.
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer
information and access such information only on a need to know
basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful
behavior or activity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications including
Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal
relationships with a variety of people.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
with staff, board members, vendors, medical providers, and members
of the public.
- Willingness to be flexible, often changing from one task to
another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or
- Must be able to work under stress when confronted with critical
or unusual situations.
- Must be able to follow instructions explicitly.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise analytic ability.
- Read and write, verbal and written communication, time
management, and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Human Resources required or
combination of AA Degree with 2 or more years of professional
administrative experience.Annual Requirements, Li censure, and
- Have reliable transportation; clean driving record, and car
insurance as required by the state.
- Move throughout the clinic and community.
- Repetitive hand movement, use and view PC. Use fax, telephone,
- Sits or stand for long periods of time, reach, bend, climb,
stoop, and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
Reports to: Human Resources Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Keywords: Operation Samahan Health Clinic, National City , HR Assistant, Human Resources , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!