Location: National City
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Description Job Description:Join a team committed to a mission!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of
our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers'
success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and
operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to
do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our
community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do
business.Are you ready for your next career challenge?The Defense
Group at Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to provide
professional support to the ASW Software Virtualization team,
supporting training for combat systems modernization of
AN/SQQ-89(V) systems and all Advanced Capability Builds (ACB).
Support includes all facets of software engineering, future system
Virtualization, with focus on various hardware capabilities. You
will also conduct troubleshooting of Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW)
Virtual Operator Trainers (VOTs) Software and debugging, as well as
assist with future VOT installations and field testing.Are you
ready to unleash your potential?Leidos Defense Group provides a
diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering
land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide.
Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT,
large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial
and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and
intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving
the world's toughest security challenges for customers with "can't
fail" missions. To explore and learn more, click !Are you ready to
make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful
career, share your resume with us today! Responsibilities - Work
- As part of the Software Engineering Team, you will develop
software solutions for customer needs, in a manner aligned with
DevSecOps and Configuration Management (CM) practices, tools and
techniques, and will be directly responsible for entire projects
and /or processes within the AN/SQQ-89(V) system; to include past,
present, and future ACB software builds.
- You will work independently, or on a specialized team, to
achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on Navy
operational results or future project deliverables and development
of new AN/SQQ-89(V) ACB systems, to include a minor focus on
Cyber/Risk Management Framework packages, Navy policy
implementation, and follow-on VOT Cyber/RMF Certification
- You will work with our development and management teams to
demonstrate the effectiveness and value of modern DevSecOps and CM
to our Navy customers.Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Information Systems, or a related technical degree (additional
experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of
- 4+ years using DevSecOps methods (Continuous Integration,
Continuous Delivery) and tools (Jenkins, Docker); using CM
principles, tools and techniques on complex software projects;
developing on or serving as a system administrator for Linux
- Knowledge of scripting languages and methods to automate
processes is required.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of Linux system
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a DoD Secret Security
- Ability to travel approximately 1-4 weeks per year as required
for customer meetings and VOT Support.
- Developed tests and testing strategies with Jenkins or Google
Test Certifications of Security+, Linux+, Network+, or
CCNA.Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education - Favorable if you
- Experience and strong working knowledge of US Navy Cyber/Risk
Management Framework (RMF) requirements and instructions is
- Familiar with Software development lifecycle sustainment, use
cases, and Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Certifications in DevSecOps, RHCE, QA and/or Atlassian is
- Hold (or be able to obtain) a valid US Passport as travel
abroad may be required.
- Served as the CM Tool designer and administrator for a
- Served as the Build Engineer, Release Engineer, or Product
Installer for a development team.
- GUI development (Gtk+Toolkit)
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Similar Jobs
as .Net Developer Graphics Software Developer, Mid-Level Java
Developer Collaboration products (Jira, Confluence,
- Must have and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.Pay
Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00The Leidos
pay range for this job level is a general guideline only -and not a
guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered
in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos, National City , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!