Mgr II Systems Engineering
Location: National City
Posted on: April 30, 2020
Systems Engineering Manager II Seapower and Sensor Systems
Bring your talent and skills to the following Raytheon Technologies
Missile and Defense (RMD) Business:
The System Integration and Test Directorate is responsible for
integration, test and validation activities for RMD Programs.
System Integration and Test employees provide the expertise to
ensure customer success through the development and execution of
innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation
strategies, processes, tools and techniques. System Integration and
Test employees are involved in all aspects of test including:
design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level
testing, and sell-off of RMDs most sophisticated systems and
technologies. Our System Engineers work with other RMD Engineering
disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product
sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans
and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and
verify system requirements in support of final selloff to the
Opportunity currently exists within System Integration and Test
Seapower and Sensor Systems Department (SSS) in San Diego,
California for a Manager to lead the Combat Systems Integration
Section. The SSS department provides expertise in the integration,
validation, and sell off for various air defense programs within
RMD. SSS Engineers are involved in all aspects of the Integrated
Product Development System (IPDS) cycle. SSS engineers have
ownership authority to ensure that individual items are integrated
and perform as expected as well as ensuring that the system can be
sold off. In San Diego, California some of the programs System
Integration and Test SSS supports are the Ship Self Defense System
(SSDS), GPS-based Position, Navigation and Timing Service (GPNTS),
Landing Platform Dock (LPD) programs and DDG-1000 Total Ship
Activation. The Combat System Integration Section Manager will be
leading a team that is responsible for DDG-1000 and 1001 Total Ship
Activation and will be located in National City, California.
This position can be a Salary Grade G10 or G11 based on the
candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience
and responsibility requirements for the position.
The Combat Systems Integration Section is in need of a Manager as a
Front Line Leader (FLL) and responsibilities include:
- Supervises and leads a team of approximately 20 members.
- Establishes meaningful and measureable goals and communicate
effectively with team to ensure alignment with the department and
- Conducts formal and informal performance reviews and career
- Leads by example, adheres to and ensures alignment with the
companys Values and Behaviors.
- Collaborates with multi-facet teams in the operation, testing
and troubleshooting of systems.
- Plans and executes independently software/ systems integration
plans and schedules.
- Prepares presentations and written communication for various
stakeholders on program, team and internal customers.
- Interact with Program Managers, CPT/Directorate Leads, as well
as other functional management to drive results to achieve program
and business objectives. Supports System Integration and Test
program hiring goals as well as leads the onboarding of new section
- BS or MS degree in engineering or science curriculum
- Eight (8) + years overall engineering experience.
- Experience in the operation, test and troubleshooting of
complex military systems
- Active Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim within 30
days from date of hire.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CMMI (Capability Maturity Model
- Experience with software/systems integration planning and
- Experience with EVMS (Earned Value Management System or similar
budget tracking system)
- Knowledge with the Performance Development Process.
- EVMS Certified Level II.
- Certified Six Sigma Specialist.
- Experience with our companys Proposal Capture Process
(development of compliant Basis of Estimates, and White Sheet
- Experience with the Estimate at Complete (EAC) process and
Engineering Labor Forecasting (ELF) System.
- Experience on a US Navy or commercial ship, or in the pre and
post-commissioning phases of a naval vessel.
- Knowledge with business and program improvements through
process improvement methodologies.
- Experience with Naval Combat Systems
161027Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, National City , Mgr II Systems Engineering, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!