Research Associate, Chemistry
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: National City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated Research
Associate/Senior Research Associate with expertise in FPLC and cell
culture to join our Client's team in San Diego, CA. This
well-funded, highly-buzz-about Biotech Startup is focused on
developing targeted gene therapies for aging and age-related
diseases. This individual will directly support efforts to drive
forward our Client's future commercial offerings working with other
RA's and scientists. See below for complete job responsibilities
and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in
learning more about this, or other opportunities in Biotech, please
apply with your updated resume ASAP. Title: Research Associate
Salary: Competitive, Location: San Diego, CA Type: Direct Hire
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing standard cloning techniques (restriction enzyme,
- Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell
- Performing AKTA FPLC virus and protein purification runs
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a
small team in support of research studies
- Helping with AAV and Lenti -virus production
- Learning assay development techniques and procedures.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering
supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all
experiments and laboratory practices.
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear
communication with supervisor Requirements:
- B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical
engineering or related field required.
- At least one year of FPLC or HPLC experience.
- At least one year of cell culture experience (splitting cells,
transfection, etc) after undergrad
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme,
gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience.
- Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy.
- Experience with in vitro analytical techniques to assess the
cell viability of tissue constructs.
- Experience working with AAV.
- Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish
- Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented
personality. Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to
contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require
accommodation in the application process.PandoLogic. Keywords:
Research Assistant, Location: National City, CA - 91951
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, National City , Research Associate, Chemistry, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!