Certified Phlebotomist Technician (National City)
Company: San Ysidro Health Center
Location: National City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under constant and direct supervision of the Lab Supervisor and
the Lab Leads, performs phlebotomy, heel and finger sticks.
Operation and preventive maintenance of POC lab equipment.
Excellent and effective communication with laboratory customers and
problem resolution. Perform other duties as assigned. This is a
full time position Monday to Friday. The position requires working
with pediatric and OB patients as primary population.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Demonstrate skills and abilities by following the guidelines in
venipuncture, heel and finger stick.
- Have knowledge skills in basic collection and specimen
preparation storage and disposal of specimen according to Lab
- Perform Quality control and testing of Point of Care CLIA
Waived test according to Lab Procedure Manual.
- Basic computer literacy to meet department needs and duties but
not limited to order entry, cancellation, and results
- Performs other clerical duties in reporting results and
distribution in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi task, flexible, ensures accuracy and
completeness of work, adaptable to change to meet department and
- Accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision and
maintain good working relationship with employees, coworkers and
- Maintenance and keeping workstation, furnishings, equipment
clean, supply inventory up to stock level. Assist in checking daily
temperature and recording.
- Possess personal characteristics of professionalism, credible
commitment to high standards with excellent communication skills;
effectively and clearly communicate verbally and in writing with
patients and other customers.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the established departmental policies and objectives,
quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection
- Must be willing to work overtime
- May require traveling to other SYHC lab sites as needed.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, maintain
current continuing education and professional licensure. Additional
duties as assigned.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Certification - Current California State Phlebotomy
Licensure Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Preferred: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
- Current valid CA driver's license and access to vehicle with
appropriate insurance coverage required.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- Six months medical laboratory experience as a Certified
Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Proficient in medical terminology.
- Basic computer literacy
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Exposed to odorous chemicals and specimens subject to varying
and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens and
patients. Frequent prolonged standing and walking.
- Occasionally, subjected to irregular hours. Carrying and/or
lifting 0-20 lbs.
- Bending, kneeling, climbing, and pulling 0-10 lbs., repetitive
use of hands, sample grasping, reaching body and hand
- Driving from one clinic to another clinic.
- Wearing protective personal equipment; such as, gloves, face
shield, lab coats, and goggles.
- Working around lab equipment; such as, centrifuge and office
San Ysidro Health is a Federally Qualified Health Care
organization committed to providing high quality, compassionate,
accessible and affordable healthcare services for the entire
The organization was founded by seven women in search of medical
services for their families and community. Almost 50 years later,
San Ysidro Health now provides innovative care to over 92,000
patients through a vast and integrated network of 34 program sites
across the county. San Ysidro Health could not serve our patients
without the dedication of our passionate and hardworking
Apply today and become a part of our mission-driven team!
San Ysidro Health has a long-standing commitment to equal
employment opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Employment decisions including, but not limited to, those such as
employee selection, performance evaluation, administration of
benefits, working conditions, employee programs, transfers,
position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and
separations are made without regard to reace, color, religion
(including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin,
nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status,
ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family
status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or
HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of
an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a
genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test,
military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- 2400 E 8th St, National City, CA 91950, USA
Keywords: San Ysidro Health Center, National City , Certified Phlebotomist Technician (National City), Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!