Staff System Test & Qualification Engineer - Weapons and Payloads
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: National City
Posted on: November 16, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Test &
Qualification Engineer (ST&Q) in our USAF Project Engineering
group. This position is located at our Poway location supporting
test and evaluation engineering activities on General Atomics
aircraft. This position is an excellent fit for someone who enjoys
a fast-paced environment with hands-on access to our
industry-leading RPA platform, MQ-9. The ST&Q engineer will
lead all final testing of the platform before it is delivered to
the customer. Overnight ravel to our test flight facilities is
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Experienced candidate will hit the ground running and quickly
learn the principles of General Atomics products as well as test
progression from SIL through Ground and finally Flight
- Perform Test and Evaluation (T&E) activities under minimal
supervision, will determine and develop various approaches to
achieve T&E goals and help guide the completion of test
- Act as primary test engineer during SIL, ground, and flight
operations. Test duties include system level T&E of hardware
and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting
SIL, ground and flight testing, and participating in technical test
- Communicate clearly and in writing all facets of flight test
program to include test plans, SIL, ground and flight test
procedures, flight cards and test reports. Candidate will work with
government aircrew and be responsible for conducting pre-flight
briefings and post flight debriefings.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD
in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; six
or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, four or more
years of experience with a masters degree, or two or more years
with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in
lieu of education.
- Previous flight test engineer with a qualification to perform
tests for a military organization including prior Department of
Defense (DoD) Developmental Test (DT) or Operational Test (OT)
experience is highly desired.
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test
pilot/navigator or formal leadership of a Combined Test Force (CTF)
or Integrated Test Force (ITF) is desired.
- Experience testing weapons and payload for aircraft is
- Analysis expertise desired with an emphasis on data collection,
ad hoc queries and suitability measures. Experience with analysis
tools such as MATLAB, STK, FOQA or other products.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National
Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
Prior flight experience civil or prior military aircrew
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly;
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize,
schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work
independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks
in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced
professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, National City , Staff System Test & Qualification Engineer - Weapons and Payloads, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!