Call Center Supervisor
Company: Operation Samahan Health Clinic
Location: National City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionJob titleCall Center SupervisorReports toDirector
of OperationsDepartment: AdministrationStatus:Full-time Non-Exempt
Operation Samahan MissionBuilding Healthier and Happier Communities
Together Operation Samahan Inc. (OSI) is a federally qualified
community health center that emerged over forty years ago. The
agency serves low-income families and individuals in the County of
San Diego in two (2) strategic areas with a high density population
of Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured individuals —
National City (Southern San Diego County) and Mira Mesa (North
Central San Diego). JOB PURPOSE Under the supervision of the
Executive Director, responsible for assisting and ensuring all
forms of communications internally and externally are successful to
include, but not limited to: telephone access, electronic access
via patient portal, email and web. Responsibilities include
managing call center operations and various electronic forms of
patient electronic access. Also responsible for integrating program
services with call center policies and procedures. Serves as
liaison between call center and administrative staff and clinical
staff. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Supervisory Duties and
- Manage a team of Telephone Operators
- Manage by walking around. Be visible to answer questions.
- Take escalated calls that Operators are unable to address and
be available when an Operator appears to need assistance.
- Monitor queue and track inbound calls. Keep Operators aware of
inbound calls, calls waiting, abandonment rate, etc.
- Motivate and encourage Operators through positive communication
- Meet at least once each week with team. At a minimum, review
the following topics:
- Review the past week's events, including statistics, results
and industry news.
- Disseminate new patient programs and services information to
- Introduce new staff members.
- Communicate company information.
- Answer questions and comments.
- Provide Operators with a glimpse of future weeks.
- Perform monitoring evaluation with each Operator
- Create and use a formal monitoring checklist.
- At the conclusion, copy the checklist and put it in the
- Give the original checklist to the Operator.
- Keep track of attendance, daily statistics, paid time off, sick
- Ensure timecards are accurate.
- Create and maintain files on each Operator as they relate to
attendance, production, and reviews.
- Present to the Executive Director at the conclusion of each
month a breakdown of the month's monitoring checklists and a
written performance summary of the team.
- Present to the Executive Director at the end of month a
breakdown of the next month's monitoring assignments and a plan for
- Create a forecast describing the things each Operator will be
- Create a detailed plan of the way in which you plan to impact
your team's day-by-day performance.
- Recruit new staff and schedule existing staff to meet service
- Interview and hire staff. Assess needs/plan ahead.
- Develop schedules with Operators each month to ensure call
center objectives are covered.
- Schedule residual training, departmental meetings, programs and
services training, and ECW training.
- Spend time per month working the call center telephones.
- Administer training programs for new hires and existing
- Work with management on refining and scheduling appropriate
- Develop training documents that support call center
- Create residual training pieces to foster growth.
- Develop contests, awards and themes that increase Operators'
loyalty and focus.
- Produce a monthly dashboard outlining team's performance and
growth. Produce a monthly report with the dashboard that
- Monthly team performance.
- Individual performance of core, focus and new staff.
- Team and Individual analysis.
- Supervisor challenges.
- Supervisor successes.
- Notable team and department information.
- Establish monthly meetings with other departments to review
call center operations.
- Meet with human resources to review staffing levels and
- Meet with peer staff to coordinate new hire, residual, programs
and services and ECW training.
- Meet with IT to review computer hardware, software, and ECW
- Meet with clinics to review upcoming events and call center
- Produce performance reviews as established by HR. Technical
- Support the Operation Samahan Patient Portal as a source of
information to be communicated to patients.
- Knowledge of Meaningful Use and PCMH initiatives in addition to
- Ensure regular and proactive communication with Project Teams
(Teams which handle testing and patient registration for Patient
- Facilitating cross-functional and cross-regional communication
between Operation Samahan key leadership and staff to ensure
successful launch and maintenance of Patient Portal.
- Technical familiarity with phone system Digium Switchvox in
order to troubleshoot phone issues and ensuring that patients have
access via phone.
- Work with Web Developer and/or IT teams to ensure that Patient
Portal is functional and monitored. Risk Management duties:
- Handle patient complaint calls and documents those and report
to Executive Director
- Ensures that high risk complaints are immediately referred to
Risk Management Committee. Management:
- Recommend or make decision to hire, transfer, and suspend
layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward or
- Promote results supporting equal employment opportunity and
- Assess training needs and promote developmental
- Conduct department meetings to promote communication, assess
and resolve needs and foster teamwork.
- Evaluate staff performance against job description criteria and
competency assessment and provide guidance and coaching to develop
an individual as well as a unit to highest potential.
- Keep staff informed of organizational activities and promote
mission and goals. Quality Management:
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating
in quality improvement activities. Customer Relations:
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be a team player and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives. Safety:
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer
information and access such information only on a need to know
basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful
behavior or activity. QUALIFICATIONSKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage a team and lead by example.
- Ability to communicate empathy to and respect for patients and
staff to assist them in all areas.
- Persistence and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and risk.
- Ability to document clearly and appropriately.
- Knowledge of organization's programs and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
and with all areas of the clinic.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a complex
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal relationship and customer
service skills and ability to deal with the public efficiently,
courteously, politely, and effectively.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good working knowledge of ECW and ability to use this knowledge
and information expeditiously and to train others.
- Desire to work with the Asian and Latino community and carry
out the mission of the Center.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultures
and diverse socioeconomic situations.
- Ability to handle conflict appropriately and constructively and
the ability to practice flexibility and adaptability in the work
- Basic level of skill with Microsoft Word, Excel and ability to
use other computer programs and applications (eCW, I2I, etc.) in
ways that facilitate panel management.
- Read and write, verbal and written communication, time
management, and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment Education
- Prior experience working in a Community Health Center
- Two years prior experience working with underserved populations
- Communication skills, spoken and written, equivalent to 2 years
of college education.
- Able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
- Familiarity and training with the Sliding Fee Scale
- Familiarity with Insurance Plans accepted by Operation
- Bilingual English and Tagalog or Spanish preferred.
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational and
- Working knowledge of community health and support service.
Annual Requirements, Licensure, and Certifications:
- Have reliable transportation; clean driving record, and car
insurance as required by the state. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Move throughout the clinic and community.
- Repetitive hand movement, use and view PC. Use fax, telephone,
- Sits or stand for long period of time, reach, bend, climb,
stoop, and lift up to 25lb. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Reports to:
Executive DirectorFLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Keywords: Operation Samahan Health Clinic, National City , Call Center Supervisor, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!