Lead Security Officer
Company: American Corporate Security
Location: National City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
American Corporate Security is seeking qualified security
professionals to work in NATIONAL CITY, CA. Our vision is to be
recognized as the "Employer of Choice" in the markets that we
serve. We treat our employees as clients, and provide them with the
finest in benefit and compensation packages. They in turn, value
their jobs and better serve our clients. Our employees have a
vested interest in their jobs, and thus have established a
benchmark for quality service.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Post Commander
or Site Supervisor for assigned shift of the Security Department
and is responsible for the protection, safeguarding, and security
of property, personnel, customers and all visitors.
* Communicate with previous shift lead officer for a thorough and
* Communicate with security manager regarding staffing, requesting
and obtaining approval to add/cut shift staff.
* Survey worksite for any abnormal conditions.
* Verify that each incoming security officer has a valid
credential(s) as required, prior to the start of each shift.
* Insure that each incoming security officer's uniform, grooming
and appearance adheres to ACS policies.
* Verify all previous shifts security officers have been relieved
of duty and properly signed out.
* Verify all security officers have properly signed in and the
information is legible.
* Review each rover's Vehicle Inspection Report where applicable
and verify that all information is accurate.
* Complete Work Start Safety Advisory and Safety Inspection Report,
* Conduct safety talk with all on-duty security officers.
* Conduct an inspection of each post ensuring proper supplies are
available, the posts are clean and neat. Denote inspection on each
security officer's Daily Activity Report (DAR).
* Communicate with management for any special instructions.
* Approve access to restricted and secured areas for vendor and
* Approve access to worksite based on an individual's paperwork
other than approved credentials, where applicable.
* Monitor all emergency situations and keep area secure as
* Assure that all security staff receive their required breaks and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 18 Years of Age or Older;
* High School Diploma or Equivalent Security or Law Enforcement
* Must maintain a valid California BSIS Security Guard Registration
("Guard Card"), driver license, Transportation Worker
Identification Credential (TWIC), and must have a clear driving
* Ability to understand and follow standard operating
* Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and
* Required to observe all safety and health requirements for
container terminal environment;
* Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, evenings, and
* Ability to clearly read, write, and speak English;
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret important security
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
clients, employees, and management team.
* Basic mathematical skills, including but not excluding addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, and
proportions in practical solutions.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions;
* Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within
proper policy and procedure.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Requires the ability to frequently walk between work areas;
* Requires the ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 50
* Requires close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust
* Requires the ability to work in a work environment where there is
moderate to extreme noise;
* Requires the ability to focus in a highly charged and noisy
* Requires the ability to work in extreme outdoor temperatures of
hot and cold;
* Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time;
* Must be able to routinely climb stairs and operate elevators
while securing the post;
* Repetitive use of hands;
* Use of sight, including viewing computer monitors or camera
monitors for long periods of time;
* Use of sound, including occasional conditions of high levels of
* Requires extensive use of keyboard involving repetitive motions
with fingers, sitting for prolonged periods of time, and extensive
use of the telephones/radios and face-to-face communication that
requires accurate perception of speech as well as talking and
Keywords: American Corporate Security, National City , Lead Security Officer, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!