Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Company: Coastal Medical Group
Location: National City
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Job Type: Full-timeAbout Us: Our clinicians offer a full scope of
occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare
costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee
productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Occupational Health
is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or
appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also
design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured
employees to return to work as soon as possible.Job Summary: Tasks
include providing direct patient care, timely documentation of
patient encounters in the EMR, pre-employment physicals and
worker's compensation injuries with proper referrals to specialists
or the Emergency Room when needed.Benefits and Perks: Competitive
pay, advancement opportunities and benefits. Our benefits include
paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, CME
time and expense, malpractice coverage.Akeso is an equal
opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any
kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and
- Treat injuries and illnesses following Evidence Based Medicine
- Manage patients thoroughly and efficiently, maintaining a
continuous patient flow and avoiding long wait times.
- Order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and
laboratory tests; and interpret test results.
- Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as wound
closure and management, incision and drainage, foreign body
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients
regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment
to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and
instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, lab results
while on shift.
- Works with Clinic Medical Director to ensure operations and
quality of care are consistent with medical and professional
standards of care.
- Support. You will be a part of a team of a physician
assistant/nurse practitioner, on-site clinic medical director and
with ongoing support from operations, IT, and clinical
staff.Qualifications and Skills
- Must be certified
- Must have and maintain a valid unrestricted medical license to
practice in the state of California.
- Have current DEA & BLS certifications.
- Have a positive attitude/outlook and be a collaborative team
- Must have and maintain a controlled substance license along
with a DEA license with no restrictions,
- 1 year of urgent care or emergency medicine experience desired
but not required.
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred.PI187116320
Keywords: Coastal Medical Group, National City , Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, Other , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!