Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: National City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
This position is responsible for initiating and implementing
programs, tools, policies and procedures regarding inventory
management, control, monitoring, and practices to meet project and
production requirements. Reviews, evaluates, and approves purchase
requisitions, transfer of stock, shortages, and expedites. May
represent the organization as a primary contact, coordinating with
all levels of employees and external customers, including
purchasing, production planning, warehouse, contracts, engineering,
and manufacturing to ensure project and production requirements are
met on schedule and within budget. May act in an advisory or
leadership role to less experienced staff. This position involves
the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Reviews, evaluates and approves MRP requirements, purchase
requisitions, and inventory transfers to ensure project and
production requirements are met. Reviews cycle count results and
resolves inventory discrepancies.
- Analyzes and resolves obsolete and excess inventory issues,
some of which may be complex. Reviews and analyzes ABC codes and
order policies of parts.
- Reviews, analyzes, and resolves conflicts in supply and demand,
and investigates as required. Presents findings and solutions to
- Develops reports and procedures for inventory monitoring and
control. Coordinates with IT in developing inventory data
- Implements and participates in the development of inventory
control programs to ensure project(s) and production requirements
are met on time and within budget.
- Reviews, evaluates, and updates inventory control policy and
- Analyzes and maintains sufficient inventory levels to meet
production, Hi-time and repair requirements, while maintaining
inventory level in accordance with management guidelines.
- Analyzes cycles count results and investigates discrepancies
outside the specific tolerances.
- Reviews and analyzes inventory issues and receipts transactions
and safety stock requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates Economic Order Quantity calculation.
- Analyzes and processes inventory write off of inventory
- Participates in strategic material planning by applying
knowledge of business and management principles.
- Reviews information to develop, evaluate, and implement
solutions to complex problems.
- May function in an advisory or leadership role and provide
direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business
administration or related field along with six or more years of
related experience in inventory planning and control. Equivalent
professional experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Must possess a complete understanding of inventory planning and
control standards, practices, concepts, and principles, along with
a complete knowledge of computer based manufacturing systems and
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and
develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Strong organization skills to maintain flow of work within the
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills to interface with all levels of internal employees and
external customers and to accurately document and report
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- The ability to represent the department as a knowledgeable
resource on projects.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team
environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, National City , Inventory Analyst, Professions , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!