INVENTORY AND PURCHASING COORDINATOR
Company: Operation Samahan Health Clinic
Location: National City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob title Inventory and Purchasing
CoordinatorReports to Chief Executive Officer and Finance
DirectorDepartment: AdministrationStatus: Full-time Non-Exempt
Operation Samahan MissionBuilding Healthier and Happier Communities
Together Operation Samahan Inc. (OSI) is a federally qualified
community health center that emerged over forty years ago. The
agency serves low-income families and individuals in the County of
San Diego in two (2) strategic areas with a high density population
of Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured individuals —
National City (Southern San Diego County) and Mira Mesa (North
Central San Diego). JOB PURPOSE The Inventory and Purchasing
Coordinator plays a key role in Operation Samahan's financial
sustainability by providing a keen and analytical decision making
process management in the day to day operational needs of its
executives, management, staff and patients. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Working collaboratively and independently with department
Managers and Staff, Vendors, Suppliers, Supply Chain Contracts and
Procurement Department, MMIS, Finance, and Revenue.
- Inventory management of all stock and non-stock items and
following up on open orders.
- Adhering to inventory control guidelines and inventory
- Organization of product placement according to clinical need,
manages inventory, and inventory maintenance and verification of
charging for supplies and equipment used within the servicing
- Working with all various team to request new item adds and
ensures charge master is part of the request.
- Adhering to all policy and procedures within the clinic and
- Following the product review process for their area and may
need to perform charge capture responsibilities Quality Management:
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating
in quality improvement activities. Customer Relations:
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be a team player and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives. Safety:
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer
information and access such information only on a need to know
basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful
behavior or activity. QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum three (3) years of supply, purchase, inventory
- Effective and professional communication with all levels of the
department, including physicians, directors, managers, clinical
staff, and vendors.
- Able to prioritize work, able to take direction from department
management and direct reports.
- Computer skills, clinical medical records like ECW (EClinical
Works) highly preferred. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal
relationships with a variety of people.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
with staff, Board members, vendors, medical providers, and members
of the general public.
- Complete many different duties, often changing from one task to
another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or
- Must be able to work under stress when confronted with critical
or unusual situations.
- Must be able to follow instructions explicitly.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise analytic ability.
- Read and write, verbal and written communication, time
management, and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment. Annual
Requirements, Licensure, and Certifications:
- Have reliable transportation; clean driving record, and car
insurance as required by the state. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Move throughout the clinic and community.
- Repetitive hand movement, use and view PC. Use fax, telephone,
- Sits or stand for long period of time, reach, bend, climb,
stoop, and lift up to 25lb. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Reports to: Chief
Executive Officer and Finance DirectorFLSA Status: Full-time
Keywords: Operation Samahan Health Clinic, National City , INVENTORY AND PURCHASING COORDINATOR, Professions , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!