CALL OPERATOR/PATIENT SERVICE REP RELIEF
Company: Operation Samahan Health Clinic
Location: National City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionJob DescriptionJob titleCall Operator/Floater
Patient Service Representative RELIEF Reports toClinic
SupervisorDepartment: Mira Mesa but assigned to different locations
Status: Non-exempt Samahan Health Centers MissionBuilding Healthier
and Happier Communities Together Samaha Health Centers (SHC) is a
federally qualified community health center that emerged over forty
years ago. The agency serves low-income families and individuals in
the County of San Diego in strategic areas with a high density
population of Filipinos/Asian and other low-income, uninsured
individuals JOB PURPOSE Answers telephones, greets, assist and
directs visitors, patient and other clinic office callers. Guides,
screens and registers new and existing patient. Assists patients in
obtaining services and provides information and screening on
funding eligibility. This position will rotate among all clinics as
needed due to sick calls and vacation relief. This position will be
housed in Mira Mesa for administration purposes but can be assigned
to Rancho Penasquitos. ERMA and National City when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES Reception:
- Answers telephone call in a timely manner to ensure the ease of
callers in contacting clinic sites, routes callers, and takes
- Provides routine information to patients or staff including
hours of operation, directions to clinic sites, providers present
at the clinic sites.
- Provides patients with registration packet including
information about patient-centered medical home.
- Greet patients, clients, and visitors entering the clinic to in
a courteous and respectful manner.
- Schedules appointments for patients at the end of the visit,
reschedule patients as deemed necessary, accommodates walk-in
patients in providers schedules, and same day appointments.
- Ensures that the reception and waiting area is clean and
- Ensures that the reception area has brochures approved by the
- Provides assistance to patients who require help in the
completion of registration packet.
- Inform patients of delays and wait times.
- Provides patients with surveys undertaken by the
- Informs patients of the portal and assists patients in access
to the portal. Administration:
- Retrieves and inputs patient's registration information in ECW,
confirms and verifies patient's information to ensure accurate
information is available.
- Ensures that patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scanning of insurance cards and necessary
patient ID cards into EMR system.
- Assist with calling no-show appointments to re-schedule and
assist with getting patients connected with issues that may be a
barrier to care.
- Performs insurance eligibility verification and assures that
accurate information is available at the time of service.
- Assists patient in obtaining previous and current medical
- Explain payment options and processes to patients, to include
sliding fee discounts, collection of payments and co-pays for
- Assists with payment plans as appropriate for site
- Assists patient with self-referrals as directed by clinical
- Performs the initial screening and registration of all
- Updates registration forms annually.
- Recognizes need for immediate and urgent services and informs
- Assists with training of new staff as directed to assure that
organization guidelines and protocols are followed.
- Answers inquiries assist enrollees/patients to utilize health
care delivery system.
- Obtains and analyze patient financial information for accuracy
and input into system.
- Renders accurate and timely data entry of all program
eligibility and registration information.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to visitors and
patients. Calls for an escort when necessary.
- Issues receipts for co-payments and payments to balances from
patients when indicated.
- Responsible for accurate upkeep of cash drawer on a daily
basis, to include reconciliation at end of day.
- Ensures that every patient has a designated primary care
- Ensures that patients are seen by the designated primary care
physician as possible.
- Obtains and documents information from patients regarding
communication barriers pertaining to vision, hearing or cognitive
- Obtains and documents patient /family preferences regarding
advance directives. Quality Management:
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating
in quality improvement activities. Customer Relations:
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of
staff, clients and the public.
- Be a team player and cooperate in accomplishing department
goals and objectives. Safety:
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they
relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Know location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer
information and access such information only on a need to know
basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful
behavior or activity. QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge, Skills, and
- Working knowledge of contracted insurances, patient benefits
and third party requirements preferred.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft applications including
Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Must have a high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal
relationships with a variety of people.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
with staff, Board members, vendors, medical providers, and members
of the general public.
- Complete many different duties, often changing from one task to
another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or
- Must be able to work under stress when confronted with critical
or unusual situations.
- Must be able to follow instructions explicitly.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise analytic ability.
- Read and write, verbal and written communication, time
management, and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment. Education
- High School graduate or GED.
- One-year experience in a community health center
- At least one year front office/customer service required
preferably in Healthcare.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Annual Requirements,
Licensure, and Certifications:
- Have reliable transportation; clean driving record, and car
insurance as required by the state. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Move throughout the clinic and community.
- Repetitive hand movement use and view PC. Use fax, telephone,
- Sits or stand for long period of time, reach, bend, climb,
stoop, and lift up to 25lb. OTHER DUTIES This job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to: Clinic ManagerFLSA Status: Non-exempt
Keywords: Operation Samahan Health Clinic, National City , CALL OPERATOR/PATIENT SERVICE REP RELIEF, Sales , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!