Company: General Atomics
Location: National City
Posted on: November 17, 2021
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our
Strategic Supplier Management group, located in Poway, CA. This
position reports to the Director of Strategic Supplier Management
(SSM) or delegate, and is responsible for managing suppliers that
provide key products and services whose failure or disruption would
add significant risk to, or directly impact, current or future
business operations. SSM is responsible for planning, managing, and
overall performance of strategic and commodity-based suppliers.
They will develop and execute a proactive and communicative process
that enables cross-functional teams to strategically manage the
supply chain in support of business objectives and goals; all while
ensuring quality, delivery, cost, and technical performance. Assist
in the definition and development of the processes managing
strategic suppliers. Report and track performance metrics. Ensure
contractual documentation is understood and agreed to by the
supplier. Conduct periodic reviews of suppliers contractual,
technical, programmatic, and quality commitments and
responsibilities. Recommend and assess suppliers. Perform all job
responsibilities while continuously and proactively identifying and
reducing supply chain risk.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own a proactive, collaborative, and communicative process that
empowers the development and maturation of strong supplier
- Effectively transition between managing tactical issues and
implementing strategic goals on a fluctuating but ongoing
- In an IPT format, create and lead cross-functional Supplier
Management Teams (SMT) to ensure engagement, cooperation, and
communication at all levels.
- Assist in the definition and documentation of the processes and
procedures for managing strategic and commodity-based
- Collect, maintain, and report actions to improve supplier
health metrics and performance.
- Assess and manage suppliers product and service cost, schedule,
risk, quality, and technical performance.
- Drive proactive engagement, cooperation, and communication for
internal and external Customers impacted by assigned suppliers and
- Use key performance metrics to proactively ensure on-time
delivery of quality products and services.
- Organize surveillance activities to ensure early problem
detection and identification.
- Conduct periodic reviews of technical, contractual,
programmatic, and quality.
- Promptly resolve technical, schedule, or cost issues.
- Recommend, evaluate, and assess suppliers.
- Understand the supplier acquisition process including the
requirements for RFP and SOW.
- Assist in the analysis of suppliers proposals, and support
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or
related discipline and thirteen or more years of progressively
complex experience in the project administration field with at
least seven of those years in project management. May substitute
equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- A Bachelor s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or
Mathematics (STEM) related discipline preferred.
- A graduate degree in Supply Chain or Business is helpful.
- Must demonstrate a detailed and extensive technical
understanding of supplier administration, supply chain,
procurement, material management, production; and must have
experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles,
concepts, and practices.
- Must be able to provide strong leadership in developing and
communicating new concepts and be able to organize, schedule, and
coordinate multiple work phases.
- Must be able to determine the appropriate approach at the task
or project level while providing innovative and creative solutions
to a wide range of highly complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work
independently and as a team lead.
- Must be capable of representing the organization as the primary
contact and provide leadership to less experienced professional and
support employees on projects.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Keywords: General Atomics, National City , Project Manager, Executive , National City, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!